100th Anniversary History
(Compiled by Craig Korth, pastor 1998-2011) May 1999
The history of Wabeno and the history of our congregation can be traced back all the way to the book of Genesis. God created a beautiful world in which mankind would live and serve its Creator. However, God’s beautiful creation did not remain beautiful; the devil brought sin into the world with the fall of Adam and Eve. Yet the Creator would still be victorious over Satan. God promised to send a Savior for all mankind — Jesus Christ, our Lord!
God, in his grace, sent his Son who by his innocent death on the cross and by his resurrection from the dead washed away our sin, guilt, and shame. This good news of God’s grace has gone out into all the world. Our congregation is yet another branch of God’s Kingdom where this good news is proclaimed and taught. This is the story of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church of Wabeno, Wisconsin, a story of 100 Years of Grace.
Early Wabeno History
Compiled and edited by the Citizenship Class of 1926, under the direction of Miss Leona Van Derhyden.
On June 2, 1880 a tornado swept through northern Wisconsin carrying with it all that stood in its path. The cleared strip, which was about one-half to one mile wide, extending from Antigo to Lake Superior through dense forest, was known by the Indians as the Wabeno, which means the coming of light or the rising of the sun. Chippewas say that Wabeno means “Wild Swan” which used to land on Range Line Lake. The Indians came from all over to hunt them before white men came.
Shortly after the Civil War in 1868, the United States of America deeded all of the land around Wabeno to the State of Wisconsin. This opened the area for settlement and logging, but with no roads or rails settlers would not come until nearly thirty years later.
The Chicago & Northwestern Railroad made their first survey of the area in 1896. In 1897, the rails were laid from Green Bay through the little valley which now bears the name Wabeno. As soon as the rails were laid various claims were taken by our first farmers, namely: A.C. Schirm, H. W. Swan, A. E. Fowler, Fred Morey. All of these farmers came to the Wabeno area in 1897. In the following year Louis Rummel, William Rummel, Nickolas Lenz, and George Strohm began clearing farms west of the village. Within the next few years Frank Kopecky, Williams Baker, Harry McNad, Charles Symes, Walter Symes, and Theodore Brenner bought farms, thus getting the area around the vilage of Wabeno started along the agricultural line.
The first building in town was the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad Land Office. This log building now serves as Wabeno’s library. The second building in town was a log shanty which was used as an eating house by the men working on the railroad.
Trinity Lutheran Church of Wabeno
Many German Lutherans immigrated to Wisconsin in the mid to late 1800's. As they settled, they wanted to continue to hear God’s Word and be served by Lutheran pastors. The growing number of established congregations in Wisconsin shared their pastors with mission stations. Pastors who served several congregations and preaching stations were called circuit riders. Trinity of Wabeno was served by several circuit riders prior to, and for several years after, the congregation’s organization.
In 1897 and 1898 the Lutherans of Wabeno were served by various pastors of the Wisconsin Synod. Pastor Ad. Spiering of New London was one, the others, Pastor Hoyer, Pastor Schumann, Pastor Schuetze, and Pastor Eppling were most likely from New London or Reedsville, near Manitowoc.
The “German Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Congregation” of Wabeno came into existence on May 16, 1899 with the adoption of its first constitution. The original, handwritten constitution is still in the church’s fire-proof files. The congregation’s official name was Die Deutsche Evangelische Lutherische Dreieinigkeits Gemeinde, the German Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Congregation.
The original members present at the meeting at which the constitution was adopted were: William Seidenstecker, President; Christian Schmoll, Treasurer; Carl Schirm, Secretary. Also present were Charles Rietz, Paul and Emma Neumann (Meta Krause’s father and mother! Neumann was later anglicized to “Newman”), Otto Zarling, John Zarling, Mrs. Pauline Rusch, Mrs. Anna Rusch, and Miss Emma Schirm.
Pastor Brenner of Reedsville served the new congregation. The first services were held in the boarding house of Schmidt & Stork but only for a short time. Some services were conducted in Wabeno’s first school building which was constructed in 1897. This early worship place of our church later served as the print shop for the J. W. Norris printing company. The school building has been restored and moved to its present location just to the east of Wabeno’s library on Highway 32.
Trinity’s First Church Building
Pastor Edward Fredrich of Brookside, Wisconsin, a graduate of the class of 1900 from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, was the first called pastor to serve the new congregation. In 1901 the congregation decided to build a church. The land was donated by the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad Company. Christian Schmoll, Charles Rietz, and Paul Neumann served on the building committee. Logs for the lumber for the church were furnished by William Rummel, Louis Rummel, Nickolas Lenz, Adam Lenz, John Brenner, and Theodore Brenner. The Ladies of the congregation furnished the lath for the plastered walls. Pastor Stromer’s congregation of Marinette donated the pulpit. Pastor Brenner’s congregation of Reedsville donated the altar.
The Rite of Dedication for the new church was held on Sunday, November 10, 1901 under the direction of Pastor Edward Fredrich of Brookside. Rev. Adolph Spiering of New London, Wisconsin delivered the sermon in German in the morning at 10:30. An English service was conducted at 2:30 in the afternoon with Pastor Ernst Haese of Bonduel, Shawano County, taking his text from the second book of Moses, Exodus 20:24 “in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and bless thee.” Pastor Fredrich also conducted a confirmation service that day. Mary Schmoll, Conrad Jecklin, and Arthur Strohm were confirmed in the class of 1901.
Trinity’s first church building was located on the southeast corner of Windfall and Ogden streets one block northwest of our present church building. Freda Rietz, daughter of Charles and Bertha Rietz, was the first child to be baptized in the new church. August Neuman and Ella Volk were the first couple to be married in that particular building. Mrs. Slowe (Mrs. Benjamin Slowe Sr.) cooked the wedding dinner and the lunch for the dance.
After the present church was built in 1916, the old church saw various uses. It housed some school classes to temporarily relieve overcrowding in the Wabeno schools. John Hammes later bought the building and remodeled it into a dwelling. One of our members, Ann Carlisle, lived there many years ago. Mrs. Carlisle recalls that the building was quite large with both upstairs and downstairs apartments after the remodeling. She said that the doors of the church faced west towards Ogden Street, a fact confirmed by several other members. The building was torn down sometime in the early 1940's.
Few pictures of the 1901 frame church have been found. Part of the interior of the building can be seen in a confirmation class picture which is most likely from 1912. Look carefully at the chandelier and the crucifix above and behind the pastor. The pulpit is the same one we still have, although it has been painted and gilded. Also note the hymn board, the pews, and the layout of the front of church.
The other picture of the old frame church is a view of Wabeno in 1911-12. This photograph shows the outside of the church partially obscured by other buildings, but you can see the tall, pointed stain-glass windows if you look carefully.
Growth and Change, and the Lake Shore-Rhinelander Mission Field
Pastor Fredrich faithfully served the new congregation at Wabeno for another two years. Steady growth took place at Trinity during that time. On the first Thursday of November 1902 the Ladies Aid Society was organized; it has been faithfully serving the church all these years. On January 7, 1903 it was voted by the congregation to accept two acres of land from William Schroeder for the present cemetery. Trinity also acquired two lots from the Western Town Lot Company. One was donated by the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad. For this lot the congregation paid the nominal price of one dollar on April 7, 1903. The congregation purchased another lot next to it on December 21, 1903 for $95.00. These lots were across Ogden Street to the west of the old frame church. Perhaps the congregation intended to build a parsonage there, but the lots were never used. The congregation didn’t have a resident pastor for its first twelve years, thus there was no need of a parsonage. Yet the young congregation was planning and positioning itself to put down firm roots on the west side of Wabeno.
At the Synod’s urging, Trinity voted June 28, 1903 to be served by Pastor John Dejung Jr. of Rhinelander instead of Pastor Fredrich of Brookside. Pastor Dejung was installed on July 19, 1903 by Professor John Meyer of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. This arrangement didn’t last long, however, and no wonder, Pastor Dejung was serving more than a dozen churches and preaching stations in the Lake Shore-Rhinelander Mission Field!
St. Paul Lutheran Church in Crandon had a resident pastor already in 1902. Rev. G. Luedtke lived at Crandon and served Crandon, North Crandon (Argonne), Pelican Lake, Elcho, Enterprise, Parrish, Monico, and Three Lakes.
When Pastor Luedtke moved away from Crandon in the summer of 1904, a new pastor was called to serve Crandon and the stations mentioned above, plus Wabeno and Laona were added, bringing the total number of congregations and preaching stations served by the Crandon pastor to nine! Pastor William Weber received the Lord’s Call to this field, and was installed at Crandon for the entire field on September 8, 1904 by Pastor Ad. Spiering of New London and Pastor John Dejung Jr. of Rhinelander.
It might be mentioned here that the Wabeno trip was very strenuous, from Crandon via North Crandon (Argonne) then through Laona Junction down to Laona and then Wabeno, the trip took four days by train with having to wait for connections. The passenger train stopped in Wabeno only twice a week, Wednesdays and Fridays.
In order to save time, Pastor Weber walked, at first from Laona back to Crandon, later even from Crandon to Wabeno and back. On the days when he was to preach at Trinity he arose early and walked here by way of Roberts Lake and arrived on time for the 10:00 am services. It should also be added that Pastor Weber was not a young man. He had been in the ministry 35 years when he left Crandon, that would make him between 50 to 60 years old when he served his field of nine congregations and preaching stations including Crandon and Wabeno. Fortunately, relief was on the way.
On July 23, 1905 a new arrangement was made resulting in the Eagle River Field with a pastor at Eagle River, and the Crandon Field with the Crandon pastor retaining Crandon, North Crandon, Laona, and Wabeno. Pastor Weber also served Lennox according to need, and Hiles toward the end of his years of service in Crandon. Pastor Weber moved from the field in May 1910.
After a brief vacancy filled by Pastor Dejung Jr. of Rhinelander, Pastor Ferdinand C. Weyland was installed at Crandon again for the whole field on July 24, 1910. He preached his inaugural sermon in Wabeno on July 31, 1910. Pastor Weyland picked up a number of new preaching stations including: Blackwell, Dunbar, Armstrong Creek, Cavour, Fence, Mole Lake, Pickerel Lake, and Newald. He spent a number of weeks on a special mission at McNaughton. During Pastor Weyland’s time of service at Trinity, our church records include entries for Wabeno/Soperton, Laona, and Blackwell.
Trinity’s First Resident Pastor
In 1911 Trinity called its first resident pastor, Rev. William Wadzinski. He was ordained and installed at Wabeno on July 9, 1911 by Pastor Weyland of Crandon.
The mission stations on the Chicago & Northwestern line were detached from the Crandon field at this time. The pastor at Wabeno was now responsible for Wabeno/Soperton, Laona, Blackwell, Newald and occasionally Carter, Padus, even Green Valley (south of Gillett on Hwy. 32 just west of the County E junction). These areas were easy to reach. Pastor simply had to catch the train to take him all up and down the line.
Because Trinity now had a resident pastor, they needed to find a parsonage for him. Pastor Wadzinski must have boarded with someone from July until September when the parsonage purchase was finalized.
The parsonage lot was sold to Clara and Herman F. Priebe on June 19, 1908 for $250.00 (a pretty steep price, but Wabeno was a booming town back then). The Priebe’s built the house which is now Trinity’s parsonage. They lived in it for three years.
The Priebe’s sold the house and the lot immediately to the north of it to Trinity on September 5, 1911 for the sum of $1,700.00. $400.00 was due at the signing, another $1,300.00 was due by December 1st. In late November Trinity took out a loan for $1,000.00 with Aid Association for Lutherans of Appleton, Wisconsin at an interest rate of 5%. Our loan for Centennial Hall through Timberwood Bank is a variable-rate note, currently around 4.125%! The parsonage loan was paid in full in just over four years!
One other interesting note, when the parsonage was built, it wasn’t wired for electricity. Electric lights were first introduced in Wabeno in 1915, with the Jones’ mill supplying the power.
In the minutes of a special meeting of the congregation on May 31, 1914 a motion was made, supported, and passed to call Pastor William A. Kuether of Marinette to be Trinity’s second resident pastor. No mention is made of Pastor Wadzinski’s departure, other than he was to draft and send the Call letter to Pastor Kuether. Another motion was made, supported, and passed to set the pastor’s salary at $250.00 with a $20.00 annual allowance for firewood. Pastor Kuether was a 1912 graduate of Concordia Seminary of Springfield, Illinois. He had been serving a number of mission congregations north of Marinette, Wisconsin. He used to ride the caboose on the logging train to preaching stations at Faithorn Junction, Michigan among others. Pastor Kuether accepted the Lord’s Call to Wabeno. He and his wife Caroline became members of the congregation at the quarterly meeting on July 5, 1914.
A New Church Building
On October 10, 1915 a committee consisting of Pastor Wm. Kuether, F. O. Rusch, C. F. Rietz, and G. F. Zielke was appointed by the congregation to explore the possibility of selling the old frame church and lot, and building a new church. The committee was to report to the congregation as soon as possible. In April, 1916 the congregation heard the plans, but requested more information about the cost of construction.
After costs were clarified, the committee’s recommendation to build a new church north of the parsonage was approved by the congregation on July 2, 1916. The vote was 23 in favor, 1 opposed. The dimensions of the church would be 36' × 50' × 16' with a bell tower, chancel, and sacristy. The building committee consisted of Louis Koenig, Otto Voelz, Pastor Kuether, F. O. Rusch, Louis Rummel, and Adolph Bierbaum. Ground work for the new brick church began on July 23, 1916. It was dedicated to the glory of the Lord on February 4, 1917. Pastor Weber preached in German in the morning service. Pastor Wadzinski preached the afternoon sermon in English. There is this note in the minutes of the congregation, “Pastor Spiering could not be here because of a snow storm.”
Trinity Grows Under God's Grace
In 1916 Pastor Kuether’s salary was $600.00 with a $20.00 allowance for fire wood. The organist was paid $12.00 annually. Total contributions for “Gemeinde Kasse” (congregation cash) in 1916 were $771.95, total expenses were $715.61 for the year.
Three of Pastor Kuether’s sons Arnold, Harold, and William were born and baptized in Wabeno. In the spring of 1920 Pastor Kuether accepted a Divine Call to Kiel and Louis Corners in southwestern Manitowoc County. He was granted a peaceful release from his Call on July 4, 1920.
Pastor William Huth and his wife Flora arrived in Wabeno by railroad from Ellensburg, Washington in the autumn of 1920.
Pastor Huth still had charge of several churches and preaching stations as had his predecessors. He traveled to Laona and Tipler regularly, and occasionally to Newald, in order to gather the believers in those areas. The Chicago & Northwestern Railroad made travel to these towns easy.
As a result of the work of Trinity’s early pastors, the Lutherans in Laona formed their own congregation named St. John’s Lutheran Church. For many years St. John’s in Laona and Trinity, Wabeno were served as a dual parish, a relationship which lasted into the 1950’s.
The Huth’s second daughter, Lenore, was born in the Wabeno parsonage. During a scarlet fever quarantine Pastor Huth moved into the church for several weeks so that he could continue his work. He served Trinity, Wabeno until the fall of 1924 when he accepted a Divine Call to be the pastor at Slades Corners, Wisconsin.
On November 16, 1924 the congregation extended a Divine Call to Pastor F. W. Raetz of Watertown, Wisconsin. Pastor Raetz was installed here at Trinity in December of 1924. During the time of Pastor Raetz’s ministry at Trinity, a total of thirty years, many projects were completed, while the congregation continued to grow in God’s Word.
On January 9, 1927 the congregation purchased the bell for the church. The bell was manufactured by John Taylor Company of Birmingham, England. The statue on the altar and the candle holders are donations from the Raetz family.
In the spring of 1929 the Ladies’ Aid put a new roof on the church and the council fixed up the foundation on the parsonage. Also in July of 1929 the council borrowed $200.00 from the Ladies’ Aid in order to liquidate all the congregation’s debts. The present church was built in 1916, if all debts were liquidated in 1929 that means that the church was paid for in just thirteen years!
In the spring of 1930 it was resolved to have Pastor Raetz preach an English sermon in addition to a German sermon. The Sunday morning schedule was as follows: Sunday School at 8:30 am, English service at 9:15 am, German service at 10:30 am. In the fall of 1930 the congregation accepted the offer of the Ladies’ Aid to have a furnace installed at their cost and that the trusties of the congregation act for the Ladies’ Aid in the matter.
In 1931 Trinity went to English hymn books. In 1934 it cost $15.00 for three years of insurance on the parsonage. In 1935 the organist and assistant were paid 40 cents for each service. In 1938 kneeling benches were installed in front of the church for communion. In 1944 German Services were discontinued. The organ was moved to the front of the church on a platform. In 1945 the Ladies’ Aid and council worked together to raise funds for some remodeling on the church. In the autumn of 1945 the church was renovated. The ceiling in the chancel was elevated, the arch to the chancel was rounded and the entire interior was redecorated. In 1946 a furnace was purchased for the parsonage, also about this time water was put in the parsonage.
On May 15, 1949 the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of Wabeno celebrated its Golden Jubilee. There were two festival services with Pastor Wadzinski and Pastor Kuether conducting the services at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm with the Ladies of the church serving a lunch after each service.
In 1950 the German Constitution was translated into English and accepted. They also changed the name of the church to the English Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Congregation. Up till this time it was known as Die Deutsche Evangelische Lutherische Dreieinigkeits Gemeinde (the German Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Church).
In 1951 it was decided by the council to meet the first of every month to transact any business, up till this time there was no regular meeting time set. The church council gave the janitor a raise from $50.00 to $75.00 per year. In June of 1951 our cemetery committee was set up consisting of five people, three from the Ladies’ Aid and two men from the congregation. In 1952 the Ladies Aid set up a committee to purchase a new organ with the old organ being sold to the highest bidder.
Pastor Raetz left in August of 1954. His pastorate of thirty years is still Trinity’s longest. During the time of the vacancy following Pastor Raetz’s departure, Trinity was served by severalstudents from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary in Mequon, Wisconsin. The six very faithful vicars were Donald Bitter, Julius Manteufel, Carl Voss, Nathan Retzlaff, John Brandt, and Philip Huebner. These men brought a Seminary singing group to Wabeno in the spring of 1955. (Several of the vicars are pictured in the photograph to the right.)
One of the classmates of these vicars was often encouraged to take a month of vicaring in Wabeno. He would simply respond, “No thanks. Wabeno’s not for me. I’m going to a big city church, I can just tell.” On July 24, 1955 at 3:00 pm an ordination and installation service was held for Pastor Glenn Unke, the classmate who said, “No thanks,” to Wabeno. He had been assigned to Wabeno in May 1955. The installation sermon was delivered by Rev. Paul Pieper of Milwaukee. Pastor E. Scharf of Rhinelander installed Pastor Unke with the assistance of the following pastors: Pastor F. Weyland of Enterprise, Pastor R.W. Schumann of Eagle River, and Pastor G. Bunde of Crandon. After the service the Ladies’ Aid served a dinner.
In 1955 the Ladies’ Aid helped renovate the parsonage and donated a set of altar, pulpit and lectern coverings to the church. A new furnace was put in the parsonage that fall. Pastor Unke accepted a Call to Faith Lutheran Church in Oshkosh and was granted “a release with the Lord’s blessing” on October 5, 1958. He preached his farewell sermon On October 19, 1958.
Pastor David Kuske served Trinity from 1959-1963. In that time, 1961-62, an addition was put on the front of the church. Included in the new construction was the church’s first indoor plumbing.
Pastor Kuske was succeeded by Pastor Ethan Kahrs who served Trinity from 1964-1968, who was in
turn succeeded by an unlikely man — his father, Pastor Harvey Kahrs. Pastor Harvey Kahrs planned to retired from Trinity on August 31, 1975. In preparation, the congregation began calling for a new pastor in May 1975. The Call meeting would be recurring event at Trinity until January 1976. It was decided that if the pastor holding the Call to Trinity in February 1976 returned it, the congregation would go to the synod assignment committee to request a graduate from the seminary.
Pastor Paul Johnston was assigned to Trinity, Wabeno in May of 1976. In 1977, natural gas and two furnaces were installed. A new organ was purchased in 1978, which is still being used today. In 1981 and 1982, there were major changes made to the building itself. Tuckpointing and exterior repairs were done, two ceiling fans and new lights were installed, insulation was put into the ceiling of the entire church building, the altar was repaired, and the entire inside of the church building was repainted. Pastor Johnston accepted a call to the dual parish in Watertown, South Dakota in early 1984.
On March 29, 1984 Pastor Douglas Schalow of Woodville, Wisconsin was called to be Trinity’s tenth resident pastor. Pastor Schalow was installed on May 13, 1984. Pastor Donald Krause did the sermon. Pastor Koepsell did the installation with the assistance of Pastor Eugene Kock of Minocqua, Pastor Raymond Schumacher of Tomahawk, and Pastor David Sternberg of Rhinelander. Afterwards the Ladies’ Aid served a lunch.
In 1986 the church installed new carpeting and padded pews. In 1990, the church received another donation of land located adjacent to the church cemetery. This enlarged the cemetery to its present size.
June 23, 1985 Trinity Lutheran Church of Wabeno celebrated 86 years as a congregation with Pastor Carl Voss of Green Bay and Pastor Donald Krause of Tomah conducting a special worship service at 2:30 pm. Pastor Schalow resigned from Trinity in February of 1990, he served until June 10, 1990.
After two Calls were extended and returned, Trinity went to the synod’s assignment committee for a 1990 graduate of Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary. Pastor James V. Seiltz was assigned in May and installed on June 24, 1990. During Pastor Seiltz’s ministry at Trinity, plans were made and carried out to expand the work of preaching and teaching the gospel in Wabeno.
In 1991, a chairlift for the physically disabled was installed on the north stairs inside the church. In that same year, Saturday afternoon worship services for the summer were added. In August of 1992 a new church constitution was adopted and the name of the congregation was changed to the present name: Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church.
The Story of Centennial Hall
The congregation began to act on a growing need for more space for Trinity’s ever-expanding activities. On Sunday, January 31, 1993 the voters established a building committee “to begin the necessary planning to expand our present structure to meet our needs especially in the areas of Sunday School rooms, the church entryway, and offices.” The following members of the committee were accepted after volunteering: Mike Huettl, Ralph Petersen, Thomas Sieker, William Luessen, Bill Kolbe, David McEwen, and Norman Dennee.
The committee conducted a “needs” survey in the first half of 1993. The report was given in July 1993. The report cited the need for “six suitable size classrooms” “pastor’s office” “secretary’s office” “bathrooms” “storage areas” “narthex/church entryway” “fellowship area” and “land.” Where? became the pressing question. The Lord answered that question when Mrs. Ruth Niermann offered to sell to Trinity her house which was located just north of the church. The land and house adjacent to the north side of the church were purchased in July 1994 for $19,000.00.
The next question was what to do with this new property. Following a period of use as a meeting place for Bible classes, counseling, and Youth Bible classes, the building was sold and moved from the site with the intention to construct a building to be used for church offices, classrooms, and a fellowship hall. “The Proposed Building Plans” were presented to the voters in May 1995. These plans called for three stages of construction. Phase one was a 40' × 80' two-story educational hall with the upstairs for classrooms and offices, and the downstairs for a fellowship hall and kitchen. Phase two was an addition to the front of the church. Phase three was a connecting hallway between the new building and the existing church.
On July 30, 1995 the building committee’s proposed plans were modified slightly to build in two stages instead of three. Also proposed was a finance committee and an overall head of the building project from within the congregation. The motion to proceed carried unanimously.
Plans were reviewed and refined for nearly a year. The building committee hoped for a start date for the project in the spring of 1997. Groundbreaking for Trinity’s educational/fellowship hall was held on Sunday, May 25, 1997 on a beautiful spring day.
The congregation spent two years working on their new parish hall. Many hours of volunteer labor, including the help of other Wisconsin Synod congregation members in the Rhinelander Conference kept the costs down for the congregation. The new building, named Centennial Hall, has five classrooms, a secretary's office, pastor's office, fellowship hall, and a chair lift. The classrooms are used for Bible classes, meetings, Vacation Bible School, and especially by our Youth Bible School. Centennial Hall was dedicated to the glory
of God on May 16, 1999 which is 100 years to the day from the signing of Trinity’s first constitution.
In the middle of the building project, Pastor Seiltz accepted a call to Colorado. Pastor Craig Korth of aton Rapids, Michigan was called in November 1997. He accepted and was installed on January 11, 1998 by Pastor Spencer Biga.
We glorify God for all his mercy and blessing to our congregation in the past 100 years. God has blessed us with faithful pastors and teachers, who declare His Truth and His Word. Our Centennial is all about God’s 100 Years of Grace to Trinity, Wabeno. May we “continue in the Grace of God.”